October 23, 2022

Weekly Journal Volume 6

I decided a little belatedly to keep a journal this week but didn't feel like trying to remember the details from Monday. So it begins with Tuesday!


Tuesday October 18
Set my alarm for 5:15 planning to exercise before work. But alas, the day looked too daunting and I opted for more time under the covers. I'm trying to get caught up this week with GA work that I've fallen behind on, and knew it would be a long day. In true rebel fashion, I didn't get an early start even though it would have been best. Put away wash and tidied up while listening to Quiet and getting ready for the day. Finally got on the road, but detoured past Once Mine Boutique in East Earl to drop off 2 bags of clothes. They took almost everything and I cashed out my $44.10 credit. Very satisfying to get that taken care of after the bags have ridden around in my car for several weeks! Also picked up a peppermint latte from Twin Valley Coffee before arriving at Gehman a little before 10. Another employee resignation was announced today. Know anyone who would be a solid addition to the bookkeeping team? Check out opportunities here. There's been an astonishing employee turnover since I joined - at least 12 resignations and even more new hires in one year. It might not be a good fit for everyone, but Gehman treats their employees very well! While you're on our website, check out the team and our new bio section! Ate lunch while waiting in the bank drive-through, then took a little side trip to Kauffman Kitchens to look at cabinet colors and countertops. Had my monthly check-in with Curt and Loretta this afternoon and finally headed out a little after 7. Noticed Ken's Joys was still open, so stopped on a whim but only bought a pack of stickers. Taco Bell drive-through hit the spot. Cliff went to the CO meeting at church, but got home soon after I did. 

Wednesday October 19
Love my day at home in the middle of the week! Tried to stay focused and get to work before the day was half over. There's an overdue project hanging over my head that I really wanted to make headway with today. Worked on it for 6 hours but still didn't get done. It's stretching the limit of my expertise but I felt pretty good about myself. A year ago I watched someone else do it and was completely lost! At that point I didn't think I'd ever be capable of comprehending. It's nice to feel accomplished once in awhile. 😄 Took a break mid-afternoon to put chili verde in the crockpot and take a walk. It was a little chilly but so good to get out and clear my head! The varied shapes and colors of leaves on the ground were a treat for the eyes. Cliff was home by the time I got back so I worked on getting the rest of supper made. Chili Verde, rice and beans with street taco corn tortillas was quite tasty! Went back to my desk after cleaning up the kitchen, Cliff went to work on Business Bulletin. Tried to unwind later by taking a shower and using this Falling Rain shower oil from Jack's Mountain Soap. I'm loving the relaxing scent. Thanks to Sharon for the awesome hostess gift from their stay here last week over school meeting! 

Thursday October 20
Up by 5:30 to get in my bike ride, then squeeze in a little over an hour at my desk. Arrived at school to find a candle from Paisley & Co on my desk! Nice surprise from Miss Dyck! It was a golden fall day, complete with the farmer cutting corn in the fields next to school. Hot lunch ladies ordered Domino's pizza for lunch today and everyone was excited! Ceasar salad and brownie sundaes finished out the meal. Delicious. Miss Eicher has a cold and weak voice so she asked if I'd read her story hour. It's fun to have different things like that thrown in my day. Miss Sensenig is gone for a few days and her substitute asked if I'd like to help the 7th graders with their math. We decided I'd teach math class tomorrow, so I brought the book home to study. Worked several hours for Gehman and got the looming project out of the way, that's a weight off my mind! Leftovers for supper, then settled in to catch up my math skills. Learned a few new concepts and made a plan for tomorrow. I feel like my brain has been exercised mightily this week!

Friday October 21
Got in a short bike ride before getting ready for the day. Arrived at school an hour earlier than usual to fit in math class with 7th. Thoroughly enjoyed teaching it! Miss Eicher has not been feeling well all week and went home after lunch today. I filled in for 5th & 6th the rest of the day, which was mostly recess and art anyway. The whole school carved pumpkins for art and some of the moms came to help also. The younger ones needed more supervision so I helped Allie and some others. It was a big, fun mess but thankfully we were able to be outside! The upper graders did a fantastic job cleaning up afterwards. I stayed a little longer than usual to finish up some checking and enjoy snack that Kaleigh brought. Came home to Dustin's work crew installing siding on the new addition and an extra window in the existing kitchen! The window makes a big difference - I wanted more light than we originally planned. Headed straight to my desk to chip away at the remaining work I had as my goal for this week. Managed 2 hours but my brain felt tired and I was making mistakes so decided it wasn't worth it. I'll put in a few hours tomorrow after I'm rested. Cliff picked up Subway for supper and I flopped on the couch immediately afterwards and stayed there the rest of the evening. I put in more time with GA this week than I have since starting at school, plus a little extra time at school, and it caught up to me. Dad and Mom came over to look at the progress made today and Cliff tackled some of the dust covering every surface. I couldn't find the energy to care about it, bless his heart.

Saturday October 22
Not much to say about today since I was very lethargic. Went to check out a local countertop store and was very happy to find I can get quartz for a decent price after all! That was a win. Came back home to work 1.5 hours, then did nothing the rest of the day. It was a warm fall day but I didn't feel inspired to go out. After coming home from work, Cliff put the walls up on his new shed then decided to go to Lowes for a few supplies. I rode along and we picked up Chick-fil-A. 

Sunday October 23
A small group in church this morning and only 1 staff member out of 7! We thought Mission BBQ sounded good for lunch and decided we don't do this kind of thing very often so we'd roll with it. Came home and took naps, then I cleaned up a little and made a pan of bars. Also paid bills and got frustrated about finances. A dark, rainy evening. 

3 comments:

  1. Love this peek into your life again! The math class and story time sound fun! 🤩

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to hear more about your kitchen project! I think I'd choose quartz as well.

    ReplyDelete